From yesterday on, Sarah Burton is on the tip of everyone's tongue. But who really is she?
SARAH BURTON
As one of five siblings Burton grew up in Manchester, where she attended Polytechnic to complete a foundation course. She moved to London to study Print Fashion and graduated in 1997. Her former tutor Simon Ungless suggested her for a year's placement at Alexander McQueen. So came that Sarah Burton joined the brand in 1996 as an intern and directly returned after her graduation. She appointed womenswear in 2000 and acted as McQueen's assistant up until his dramatic suicide in February 2010. Three months later, Sarah Burton took over the role as creative director of the fashion house. "Everything I know I learnt here. If you didn't know how to do something, Lee made you take on the challenge and would teach you how, or leave you to figure out how to do it yourself. He once handed over a bias-cut houndstooth dress and said, 'Now, put a zip in it', then left for the weekend!"
___________________________________________
"It has been the experience of a lifetime to work with Catherine Middleton to create her wedding dress, and I have enjoyed every moment of it. It was such an incredible honour to be asked, and I am so proud of what we and the Alexander McQueen team have created. I am delighted that the dress represents the best of British craftsmanship. Alexander McQueen's designs are all about bringing contrasts together to create startling and beautiful clothes and I hope that by marrying traditional fabrics and lacework, with a modern structure and design we have created a beautiful dress for Catherine on her wedding day"


2 comments:
What a great post! It was such a beautiful wedding and the dress was fit for a Princess!
Love C x
grear post! it was said before me but that's the best words for this post. it's great! I injoyed reading it
Post a Comment